Thunders Tribute, Because he diserves it

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
kind of late, I never made on because I knew I would break down crying, but I'm home alone today

Thunder (why he passed away)
most of you know about him.

one day, I was checking on him and realized he had a small scab on his *male parts* so I put some aloe vera on it, but it just got worse, so I started adding aloe vera and salt (salt in cooled boiled water) it kept getting worse, I had added moisturizing cream, washed off with warm water, added the saltwater, and the aloe vera, it just got worse, I took out his sand bath, and it got more infected.

I found him covered in blood one day, on his fur, his paws, his hide, his tail had been basically cut off by the scab, he could no longer poop or pee correctly.

my mom would not allow me to take him to the vet.
he got a stroke, I took him to the vet and he had to be put down.

Dear Thunder,

Words can not explain how much I love you. I miss you, I have always missed you. you were my little snuggle bug, my baby little boy, my thundy baby, my poppy flower. you were a chewer, you chewed through your bin, your hides, you killed my mom's spider plant in one night. You got out of your cage if there was just a tiny little gap. you were also a jumper, you jumped from the levels of your critter trail all night.
I'm sorry that your first owner* miss treated you, I'm sorry you lived 15 months of your life in a critter trail, I'm sorry I dropped you into coffee, I'm sorry you were returned to the pet store**, I'm sorry my mom and my brother did not think you needed a big cage, I'm sorry your cage was only 10 inches over the minimum, and I am sorry you had to die so young.
you loved grapes and baby food, like your sister, I loved it when we ate grapes together. you were a picky eater, you ate the unhealthy stuff and stashed the healthy stuff away, yet you were still underweight.

Goodnight Thunder, I will always love you, you are forever with me, in my heart

Thunder~
July 25, 2019-February 6, 2021
2021-05-09 (2).jpeg

*my brother

**he was returned by someone else, not me

😢😢😭😭
im on the brink of crying...
sorry about Thunder....
why was he not allowed to be taken to the vet?
sorry if it is personal :/

oh my gosh i’m so sorry. i remember the day my guinea pig died. i was sitting in the waiting room of the vet with him in my arms and then he died. i was crying the whole time and just repeatedly saying i love you to him. losing pets is so hard. and in my opinion, the loss of mammals is way harder than fish (sorry if that offends some people).

oh my gosh i’m so sorry. i remember the day my guinea pig died. i was sitting in the waiting room of the vet with him in my arms and then he died. i was crying the whole time and just repeatedly saying i love you to him. losing pets is so hard. and in my opinion, the loss of mammals is way harder than fish (sorry if that offends some people).
well, i agree.
mammals and other land animals will be more attatched to you because you can feel and talk to them.
rather than fish, yoyu can;t really play with them

i am also sorry for the hamster
if i had a hamster die i'd dissect the body to find exact cause of death for some better closure, well, at least better than spending the rest of my life wondering why they died. but, that's easy for me to say though since i have no real emotional restraint or any feeling of grief, for that matter.
my advice is to not take in any pets that you can't provide good care for whether it be that you're limited to size, money, or the attitude of the person in charge of the money.
wait until you're financially independent and you don't have to follow your parent's rules anymore.
sorry, but, i guarantee something similar to this will happen again eventually and you'll end up with even more heartbreak.
i'm not saying to rehome any of your other pets, but if you're persistent on continuing to take in more, fine, i can't stop you.

rather than fish, yoyu can;t really play with them
also, yes, you can most definitely play with fish

i am also sorry for the hamster
if i had a hamster die i'd dissect the body to find exact cause of death for some better closure, well, at least better than spending the rest of my life wondering why they died. but, that's easy for me to say though since i have no real emotional restraint or any feeling of grief, for that matter.
my advice is to not take in any pets that you can't provide good care for whether it be that you're limited to size, money, or the attitude of the person in charge of the money.
wait until you're financially independent and you don't have to follow your parent's rules anymore.
sorry, but, i guarantee something similar to this will happen again eventually and you'll end up with even more heartbreak.
i'm not saying to rehome any of your other pets, but if you're persistent on continuing to take in more, fine, i can't stop you.

also, yes, you can most definitely play with fish
wow, how?
id liike to play with my guppies.... for a long time already

Most reactions

trending

Back