Thoughts On This Filter?

miketyler

New Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Does anyone have a magnum 350? what are your thoughts on the way it runs?
 
I've never used one but it sounds as if it's a cross between a HOB bio-wheel and a canister. Based on this review, it sounds like a good filter. It's rated at 350 pgh so it should work on a tank up to about 70 gallons.
 
Does anyone have a magnum 350? what are your thoughts on the way it runs?
I have two Magnum 350s i hooked them up in series, filter #1 has the micron cartridge the intake hose from the tank is connected to the intake on it then i connected a short hose from the outlet on filter #1 to the inlet on filter #2 which has the carbon basket in it then the return hose is hooked up to the outlet on filter #2 to return the water back into the tank. BTW i love the Magnum 350!
 
Does anyone have a magnum 350? what are your thoughts on the way it runs?
I have two Magnum 350s i hooked them up in series, filter #1 has the micron cartridge the intake hose from the tank is connected to the intake on it then i connected a short hose from the outlet on filter #1 to the inlet on filter #2 which has the carbon basket in it then the return hose is hooked up to the outlet on filter #2 to return the water back into the tank. BTW i love the Magnum 350!

I also have a magnum 350. It's been ruinning for 8 years with no problems. Reliable!
 
Does anyone have a magnum 350? what are your thoughts on the way it runs?

I really like these filters. We've got two of them running right now. Very easy to maintain and operate. Very quiet as well. You can clean them to "like new" in 15 minutes. The return on one of our Magnum's goes through an 18W UV sterilizer. I highly recommend getting the "Pro" model, which for an extra $5 you get a pair of BioWheels, which are very effective for biological filtration. This filter (along with an Emperor 400) helps keep our 75g squeaky clean, despite having a huge and messy pleco in there. The Magnum really made a noticeable difference. :)


I have two Magnum 350s i hooked them up in series, filter #1 has the micron cartridge the intake hose from the tank is connected to the intake on it then i connected a short hose from the outlet on filter #1 to the inlet on filter #2 which has the carbon basket in it then the return hose is hooked up to the outlet on filter #2 to return the water back into the tank. BTW i love the Magnum 350!


You're really cutting your water turnover in half by running them in series vs running them in parallel... but if it works for you, I won't argue! :)

-Ryan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top