This aquarium was ruined by adding plants.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This is my beef. When you see these tanks being built,the rock and woodwork is outstanding. Twisty roots with a beautiful grain. Rockwork that does look like the Rockies.
Then they cover it all!
Why spend so much for rock and wood..then cover with with Anubias et al? IMO,he could have split pallet woods with an axe and wired the splinters into almost any shape...then cover it all with epiphytes and algae.
To me- this is a fantastic "stream" for Stream fishes. Or even lake Malawi a bit. That's the problem in the hobby,cichlid types would never make a this kind of realism right? Its terra cotta pots!
This is one of many examples of wasted $$$ for wood and rock...then they cover it all???
Sorry- I couldn't get it to link as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would've looked great if they left it where it was at 49 seconds

This is my beef. When you see these tanks being built,the rock and woodwork is outstanding. Twisty roots with a beautiful grain. Rockwork that does look like the Rockies.
Then they cover it all!
Why spend so much for rock and wood..then cover with with Anubias et al? IMO,he could have split pallet woods with an axe and wired the splinters into almost any shape...then cover it all with epiphytes and algae.
To me- this is a fantastic "stream" for Stream fishes. Or even lake Malawi a bit. That's the problem in the hobby,cichlid types would never make a this kind of realism right? Its terra cotta pots!
This is one of many examples of wasted $$$ for wood and rock...then they cover it all???
Sorry- I couldn't get it to link as normal.

youtube.com/watch?v=6MYRV02Aelg
Stan's angst.

Look at that start...then look at the end. All you see at the end are the few inches of the pinnacle rock- the bottom 16" or more is invisible. He could have put 6" pieces of that of expensive rock on broken aged and cured cement from some old constructing- who would know? Impossible! He could have saved $250 American in kyu stone or whatever its called.
I've seen some awesome rockwork...ruined by plants!
Yes,I'm having sleepless nights over this. Nah.-lol. :fish:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

20211008_185036.jpg

Everyone's aesthetic is different😄

It's not unattractive of course. But it's like buying a Corvette and covering the body in lumpy artificial grass. Sure,you still got the Vette's lines but...:cool::lol:

I'm on to something. I might be changing the aquascape world all over the Earth. Or not.

Perhaps he has a sense of inner satisfaction from knowing that even what you can't see is beautiful? That could actually be a specific mindset? Zen maybe? I'm not sure. :)

This is just crazy you just reduce your volume of your tank for no reason. I put one or two pieces of wood ( Catfish ) and one or two rocks ( Cichlids ), then just plant it out. You do not want to reduce your water volume by that amount. Unless your aim is to have a 200liter tank with a 100liter loading.

Most reactions

trending

Back