This Anemone(or Coral) On New Lr. Friend Or Foe?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kj23502

lazy dayz
Reaction score
100_6972.jpg

100_6973.jpg

After I moved a bit around in the tank they retracted their tentacles and the feather duster retracted also.

100_6979.jpg

cool Red Feather Duster right in the middle of the picture. Can barely make out the red feathers.

100_6971.jpg

That looks like some form of plating LPS to me... Could be quite a nice piece if it is :drool:

All the best
Rabbut

Tough to say KJ, does it have a skeleton when it retracts or is it soft? First look to me would be some kind of Actinodiscus mushroom...

Yep the feathery things are coming from the "plates" that you see. I haven't touched it and don't wish to touc it :crazy: so I don't know if the plate is hard or soft for sure. I did decide it was friend and added the rock to my display tank. I did find another white feather duster too. Impossible to get pictures of, though.

Yep the feathery things are coming from the "plates" that you see. I haven't touched it and don't wish to touc it :crazy: so I don't know if the plate is hard or soft for sure. I did decide it was friend and added the rock to my display tank. I did find another white feather duster too. Impossible to get pictures of, though.

Most probably a barnacle then..totally harmless filter feeder , unfortunstely these may die off in time due to lack of suitable feeding. If phytoplankton is used , or fine particle food these can survive and breed in a tank though, adding to the filtering process of any marine system.....nice freebie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back