Thinking Of Starting All Over Again.......

CentricOregon

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland, Fife
Hi everybody, I'm kinda confused on what to do here, I have a juwel rio 180 and have a mix of cichlids and a few others in there, mostly cichlids though. About 3 or 4 days after cleaning it completely the tank is absolutely dirty again and it always gets stirred up, even though it's only a 180 litre it requires quite a bit of cleaning (roughly 10 or 12 buckets) but since my tank is in my room upstairs and I use the water from the kitchen I have to carry these buckets upstairs every week which is pretty tiring lol.So my question is pretty much this, should I sell all my cichlids and go to smaller fish, Keep some cichlids and sell others or sell all cichlids and get 2 discus or something? would love discus but always scared incase they die and I can't take them back, plus I am out of a job at the moment so if they died I would be ummm broke basically lol.Let me know what you guys think.I'll write a tank list aswell:


Gold Severum (6inch)
Demon Eartheater x2 (4 & 6inch)
Blood Parrot x2 (both 3 and a half inch)
Jack Dempsey x2 (3 and 4 and a half inch)
Rainbow Cichlid x2 (both 5 inch)
Clown Knife Fish (Too Big! lol 11inch)
Black Ghost Knife (8inch)
Red Tail Shark (4 or 5inch)
Bristle Nose Plec x3 (3,3 and about 1 and a half inch)
Whiptail Plec x2 (3 and a half and 4inch)
Common Plec (11inch)
BumbleBee Malawi (5 or 6inch)
Cory x5 (all about 2 inch or so)
Yellow Peacock Cichlid (3 and a half or 4inch)
Marble Convict (2 and a half or 3inch)


Bit much I know but I have been selling them off, actually giving away the Common Plec and Clown Knife free to good home
 
this is way way overstocked and a real bad mix of fish!

i think you really need to sort this out , and which fish you want to keep which can be kept together.
 
Out of that list, you could possibly keep the severum or one of the JDs, or one of the blood parrots (don't know much about them if two would be a good idea in that size, they are smaller than the other two I listed, I think, but not by much). One of the big South American cichlids would pretty much fill the tank, I'd pick a favorite and start getting the rest rehomed ASAP.
 
this is way way overstocked and a real bad mix of fish!

i think you really need to sort this out , and which fish you want to keep which can be kept together.


yeah i do realize this, I've put up ads for the clown and the plec but nobody will take them.if i get rid of them thats 22inches off the tank but until then i dunno what to do.i would take them to my lfs and they would take them but they would be sitting in 1 and a half foot tanks which isnt really fair on them.oh and please nobody start moaning about overstocked cos i know all this, i didnt do it cos i wanted loads of fish or to be cruel, i just simply didnt realise what they would become lol
 
Out of that list, you could possibly keep the severum or one of the JDs, or one of the blood parrots (don't know much about them if two would be a good idea in that size, they are smaller than the other two I listed, I think, but not by much). One of the big South American cichlids would pretty much fill the tank, I'd pick a favorite and start getting the rest rehomed ASAP.


yeah, I was gonna keep the black ghost and sell all the cichlids and possibly go for smaller fish or a couple of discus, I need to think bout it properly though, its a hard decision :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top