Thinking Of Redecorating My Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Ever since we moved in the summer 2015, my tank has struggled... Or my plants rather.

I'm a bit fed up now maintaining them and want to redecorate with just one anubias Nana (mature and a great size) and scrap all the rest (well keep the moss balls).

My tank is a 10 gallon.

Question, what will that do to my tank stability? Will having one plant rather than 5 or 6 matter much?

I'm thinking to find other decorations for hiding places and resting spots.

Wood and rocks to stick your anubias to? What about some java moss too? I love seeing bogwood/driftwood covered in it. It would be good for soaking up nitrates and can be grown low tech like anubias.

My anubias nana is actually not anchored, the roots are so long they easily can be covered leaving the thick bit above.

Bogwood is a good idea, I've not done it in this tank before (had it in my big tank before I sold it all). I'm thinking more resin rocks or logs for hidey places.

The more plants the better as they soak up nitrates and provide oxygen to the water. I love love love Anubias with all my heart. Just watch your water parameters but I don't think only five or six plants could do anything damaging to your tank when they are removed unless they are massive or something. 

Maybe I should focus on nursing these plants? Mostly I hate how they are looking. They are in poor health despite I use fertilizer even slightly more than asked for. Maybe I need a different one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back