Thinking Of Buying Arowana

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroWanaWhitey

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying an arowana around christmas... I need to know a lot of the basics so it can live a good life.. I want to buy a 55 gal and get a baby one and just raise it until it gets too big at which point i might have to sell it back to the lfs or just get a bigger tank.. i plan on getting a baby silver or something adding it to the tank and not feed it for 1 or two days so it can get an appitite then add some floating food or some frozen bloodworms for it to try to break the habit of live food... i cant afford guppies for him.. im only 15. I know a little about them, but i would like to learn more.. is it ok to have a planted tank and have one or do they prefer less vegitation... any info will be nice.

Thanks

Colby

I'm thinking of buying an arowana around christmas... I need to know a lot of the basics so it can live a good life.. I want to buy a 55 gal and get a baby one and just raise it until it gets too big at which point i might have to sell it back to the lfs or just get a bigger tank.. i plan on getting a baby silver or something adding it to the tank and not feed it for 1 or two days so it can get an appitite then add some floating food or some frozen bloodworms for it to try to break the habit of live food... i cant afford guppies for him.. im only 15. I know a little about them, but i would like to learn more.. is it ok to have a planted tank and have one or do they prefer less vegitation... any info will be nice.

Thanks

Colby

This isn;t what you're going to want to hear, but if you couldn't afford guppies to feed an arowana, chances are, you wouldn;t be able to get an arowana itself.

Have you considered an african butterfly fish? Stays small, suitable for a 55g and from the same family as arowana.

lol you have a point there..but.. this is around christmas... i buy arowana. done. one purchase. restock guppy supply until the arow dies.. but the african bff lol, is a great fish too.. that might be neat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back