Think I'm Overstocked, Please Help

flippajh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wimborne, Dorset
I have an Aqua One Regency 80 - 28" High, 16" Wide, 32" Long - 180 litres/40 Gallons, it has an Aquis 1000 External Filter. PH is 7.6, all stats zero apart from Nitrates which are between 10 and 20 depending on how near water change day it is.

It has a beautiful piece of bogwood, a nice amount of plants (would like more) and has a black gravel substrate.

I think I'm a bit overstocked and wanted some advice on what I should return if necessary.

Fish in order of favourites
2 x Angelfish - presently only 1.5" long
2 x Bolivian Rams
2 x Botia Dario (Queen Loach I think)
3 x Guppies (males)
2 x Swordtails (females)
5 x Glowlight Tetra
4 x Pristella Tetra
2 x Neons (left from a batch of 5)
2 x Red Eye Tetra

I love the Angels, Rams, Loach and Guppies as they occupy nice levels in the tank. The Angels as I've read could be a bit dangerous with the other fish, but as they're very small at the moment I'm hoping they'll grow ok with the smaller fish.


Thanks for any advice.
 
In my opinion you are not overstocked at the present :)
Just keep up your maintenance as you have some lovely fish there :nod:
 
i agree dont think id push it by adding more sounds like a nice stocking for me.
 
Thanks for that, I'm really happy with things as they are, was just worried it might be a bit over the top!

Only thing I'm going to add now is a few more plants.

P
 
Thanks for that, I'm really happy with things as they are, was just worried it might be a bit over the top!

Only thing I'm going to add now is a few more plants.

P

I agree with Mark, don't add any more, but as you are, you are fine. In fact adding more plants is a great move to keep your water clear.
 
Just a question do all the tetras hang around and shoal together or do they stay with their own type?
 
I suppose they do actually, they all swim at the same level, they do seem to like to follow the red eye's but they are quite a bit bigger than the other tetra's so whether they see them as leaders I'm not sure!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top