theres a flower stem, but its not flowering

panboy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have an aponogeton ulvaceous. it has 2 flower stalks that are growing. one has hit the surface and is probably another 2 feet in lenght after that, going all over the top of my aquarium, while the other is just hitting the surface today.

should the one that is really long should have already flowered? should i let it hang out of the water, or just let it do its thing?

thanks

If you can do so without creating a fish escape route(!) let it trail out of the tank. Be careful not to crush or damage it.

Some people cut the flower stalks off, it tends to increase the time the plant is active between dormant periods. Of course, if you have a perpetual cultivar, that is not an issue.

I also cut my flower as ssom as I see them growing,

I have a unknow bush plant that grows lots of little white flower, and if I let them be the plant lose all its leaves, but cutting the flower cause it to grow new leaves before losing the older ones..

Well I know I am gonna loose the plant for a while. Since it is an aponogeton, it will need a dormant period. I didnt want to since it is an outstanding center piece.
So anyways, I let the flower grow and its flowering right now which looks great.

To bad the plant is gonna go dormat not long after. :(

Wish you could post a picture of the flower, it is always such a gift that the plants give us... Let us know what the plant is doing once it flowers.....

ALASKA

Most reactions

Back