There's A Critter In My Tank!

Loobie

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
York
I was looking at my tank tonight and saw what looked like a spot with legs crawl across one of the gravel stones, it was only 1mm. :unsure: I thought it was something in my eye, but it's now disappeared and I can't find it. There doesn't seem to be anymore but they maybe lying in the gravel.

Does anyone know what it could be or have any ideas how I could get rid of the critter??

Thanks
 
If you got some live plants recently it could have hitch hiked into your tank on the plants, Normaly the fish will eat small creatures like this, Alough 1mm is indeed very small.
 
I don't have any fresh plants in my tank.

I've been told it could be an Argulus?? Does anyone know about them, or shed any light on the scene??

I haven't seen it since the other day. I'm not sure if this could happen in a tropical tank, could it have come from the frozen bloodworm I feed them??

The thought of something nasty in my tank urggh :crazy:
 
i have no idea of its origin. but if its 1mm in size, it'd probably be eaten by now.
 
It was definately tiny,but not sure if it was a baby or whether it just blew in from somewhere and has now gone.

I hope so.
 
chuck a load of fruit fly in there! klol can get these curly wing ones that cant fly..from exotic pet shops..i used to do that with my old fish, yeah i think for sure it would have been eaten by now
 

Most reactions

Back
Top