Theremometers

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

which type of theremometers are the best liquid crystal (ones that stick on the outside) or the floa

• floating ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • liquid crystal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
my thermometer is 1 that sticks to the inside with a sukkacup n its like a normal thermometer....metal balls in the bottom with red liquid.....its a proper aquarium thermometer too

Tek :fish:

yes the electronic ones would be the best but they are also the most expencive so i dont use them. i use both the stick on ones and the floating ones the stick on ones are easyer to read but less easy to understand as they give inbetween temps by colour. so i went for floating ones as they are simple and do the job.

buy an electric one off ebay. they go for like 20 bucks now. Its REALLY great because they are totally acurate and most have alarms that go off if the water gets too hot/cold.
:thumbs:

I have an electronic thermometer but find that the standard aquarium thermometers that are suspended in the water or stuck with a sucker cap are just as good.

I don't use those strip thermometers that often come with tank set ups as I have found them to be effected by the external temperature. :/ Currently here in sunny Windsor the temperature is higher than normal in my fish house and theses strip thermometers are reading 2 degrees above true temperature.

Most reactions

Back