What's new

The Yeast Co2 Method

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
I am yes :) I am in (not so) sunny yorkshire! Anything spare would be greatly appreciated :blush:

Sun!? Whats that? :lol: i'm from Manchester myself.. if you want to PM me yr addy i'll see what I can do ;)

read through this whole thread and ive found it very interesting , and also very tempting. `1 thing i may have missed tho.

assuming youre on a 2 bottle setup . you start bottle 1 with bottle 2 empty. then 3 days later start bottle 2 . do you have both bottles open up until the change or have you got 1 bottle on and 1 bottle closed off?

appologies if this was stated and ive forgotten/missed it . perhaps i should read it again when i havent been partying all weekend :rolleyes:

assuming youre on a 2 bottle setup . you start bottle 1 with bottle 2 empty. then 3 days later start bottle 2 . do you have both bottles open up until the change or have you got 1 bottle on and 1 bottle closed off?

I used some inline valves (cheap plastic ones) I close the valve on the bottle to be changed, change the mix, reconnect it and then open the valve again. You have both valves open all the time except for changes. You are using the peak and off peak to get an average so while one is full on speed the other provides some. While the other slows down the other will be approcahing peak etc.

These inline valves are cheap but sometimes hard to find. I have 3 in my cupboard if anyone wants to sen me a large letter stamp to cover postage :)

AC

are these the valves or at least similar?
http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/aquarium-air-pumps/airstones-accessories/algarde-tee-valves-2pk-p-4082.html

wondered if anyone knew of a way to substitute the sugar for golden syrup?

(I have run out of sugar and have some golden syrup doing nothing...)

Has anyone still got their yeast CO2 running? I have just started one and have learned a thing or two from this. I have got to add a drop checker, and some means of stopping an overflow into the tank.

Some bad news guys been pointed out to me today. I tidied up my host a few weeks ago deleting stuff I didn't want on there as well as on my own PC and seem to have deleted most of the pics from this thread.

Unfortunately they are gone for good as I don't back them up. Shouldn't need to as I have a copy on mine and on the host. Forgot they were linked into this thread.

Sorry about that guys.

updates? This was only a test over a year ago. I have pressurised running again now. lol

All the updates were added and then info changed in the first post page 1 so the recipe I ended up deciding on isin post 1 and I used 3 bottles changed weekly but alternately.

I thin kyou could get away with changing one a week and letting them run for 3 weeks each though as long as you are using 3+

Pressurised is much easier though.....and cheaper once you add up all that ueast and sugar :)

So tempted by this but ive got a nagging feeling that pressurised will be better and easier. What parts did you / will i need for pressurised?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/254568-equipment-needed-for-fire-extinghuisher-co2/page__p__2104940 :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back