The tropical Frogs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

snotirl

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a frog in your normal tank wit all the other fish and can u buy specail food if u can get frogs??? -_-

You could look into getting dwarf frogs, they are suitable wth most smaller fish. They eat most live food (bloodworm, daphnia and glassworm) they are also love frozen bloodworm. If you do get them make sure your filter is totally enclosed, as they are a bit stupid and are well known for getting into the pump, getting caught in the downpull, and drowning. They are interesting though and can be quite funny, they also don't need to come out of the water, though they do comeout to breed and often escape and then dry up on the carpet, so again make sure the tank is escape proof. Hope this helps. :D

I did notice you have only one clown loach, they really need friends as they are very sociable, just a suggestion, but I'm sure you want your fishes to be happy.

my frog eats flakes and seems to do fine it is a dwarf frog and I just wonderwhen it gets big will it wat my fish because if it does it will go back to the lfs real fast. I have to net the frog so he can eat the mollies are to bigger hogs nothing makes it to the bottom for the corys or the pleco or anything else of that nature.

if your frog is a true dwarf frog it will not get big. Dwarf frogs max out at about 1 inch. Now if your frog doesnt have any webbing on its feet and they look almost like fingers, then you have a clawed frog, which are notorious for growing up and eating your fish.
here is a picture of my dwarf frogs...they like to snuggle as you can see (no not mating they are both males)
frogs.jpg

You can feed them all sorts of frozen foods, but most places will recommend you provide them bloodworms on a regular basis. They are very dosile, and get along peacefully with my snails, shrimps, and loaches.

I used to have another clown loach but it couldnt breed probly and died. I have a plant in my tank andin big and some of the leafs float on top stiil attached to the plant would they jump on them and jump out beacuse my lid always is slity open!! -_-

Most reactions

Back