The Tea Lovers Thread

03239139-E372-4DE5-B8F2-485C1E36FA91.jpeg

Well, this thread died a sudden death. But I still like tea. And I'm designing a fish tank largely around my love of tea. So it's back.

I just tried some pu erh tea for the first time. I keep hearing how good it is, but I've never been able to get around the name. I advise against pronouncing it phonetically in English, as it doesn't sound like something you want to drink (or breathe). I'm sure it means something much nicer in Chinese. Anyway, I finally opened my mind and tried some today. It tasted disturbingly like it sounds in English, I'm afraid: a bit like something someone scraped off the floor of a horse coral.

But now I know. Yay for cultural experiences! 🐎

Great for reviving this thread!
I love tea! Real tea, not chilled fruit juices pretending to be tea, not boba, but tea, hot tea that is undrinkable without sugar. It started with English breakfast and Earl grey, but now it's Twinnings specials, Harney and sons series blends, Simpson & Vail collections, local brand delicacies that include popcorn in the blend, and even the pu erh (which I liked). My family enjoys it enough that we make a meal of it with a charcuterie board every week, and my sister wants to open a tea shop/restaurant one day.

Great for reviving this thread!
I love tea! Real tea, not chilled fruit juices pretending to be tea, not boba, but tea, hot tea that is undrinkable without sugar. It started with English breakfast and Earl grey, but now it's Twinnings specials, Harney and sons series blends, Simpson & Vail collections, local brand delicacies that include popcorn in the blend, and even the pu erh (which I liked). My family enjoys it enough that we make a meal of it with a charcuterie board every week, and my sister wants to open a tea shop/restaurant one day.
If you're in the States, look up Upton Tea Imports. Their catalog is fairly amazing, and they have too much of my money.

Today, and in general, I like to drink tea with ginger and cinnamon. It is very tasty and strengthens our immune system very well. Try it somehow
I often have a mug of lemon-ginger tea with me at school. It helps my voice get through the day. :)

Most reactions

Back