The Sparklers

You have so many beautiful fish! I had no idea they were the size of neons. And wow, the colour on the the highlighter fish (kubatai? Is that right?) even more tempted by those now.

What moss is that you're using with the fry? Is it Christmas moss? I've only had java moss, but this looks quite nice
I want to say it's Christmas moss, but not 100% on that one.

I bought a cup of "assorted moss" where it was supposed to be a mix of java moss, Christmas moss, and weeping moss. But definitely not the java moss, I actually got a tiny bit of that and its not flourishing as well as this moss.

A stray piece of java is in this mix though in the parent tank lol
20200809_184640.jpg

I want to say it's Christmas moss, but not 100% on that one.

I bought a cup of "assorted moss" where it was supposed to be a mix of java moss, Christmas moss, and weeping moss. But definitely not the java moss, I actually got a tiny bit of that and its not flourishing as well as this moss.

A stray piece of java is in this mix though in the parent tank lol
View attachment 112338
It's definitely not java moss, and I have some of that, so if I get Christmas moss and Weeping moss, I'll have some of this too, so yay! thank you. I can just imagine how much the shrimp would love that. The green on those plants (I don't know what they are either) is really popping!

Thanks for letting me pick your brain about so many things, you've been so informative and helpful, learning a lot from you, and loving the photo journals too. :wub:

It's definitely not java moss, and I have some of that, so if I get Christmas moss and Weeping moss, I'll have some of this too, so yay! thank you. I can just imagine how much the shrimp would love that. The green on those plants (I don't know what they are either) is really popping!

Thanks for letting me pick your brain about so many things, you've been so informative and helpful, learning a lot from you, and loving the photo journals too. :wub:

Other plant is hygrophila polysperma. Also some anacharis and some crypt species in this tank

I think I need two softwater tanks now so I can have highlighter fish (that's what they are now in my mind) and ember tetra. Buy your shares in RO water now.
They can handle up to 179 ppm hardness

Ah, mine is 253 ppm. But I'd like to keep something other than livebearers sometime (much as I love them) so might need to get an RO unit in the future :)
My cities well water and lake water is 228-235ppm but where I live I get water that is run through the city's RO filter plant which drops it to 135ppm. I still use RO to drop it to 40ppm

@NCaquatics do you remove the eggs or the fry?
One of my males is building a nest - although by the state of it he needs more practice ;)
I recently added pygmy cories to the tank and not sure the male can be on guard 24/7
Are my chilli rasbora at risk? They seem to like playing in the bubbles :eek:

@NCaquatics do you remove the eggs or the fry?
One of my males is building a nest - although by the state of it he needs more practice ;)
I recently added pygmy cories to the tank and not sure the male can be on guard 24/7
Are my chilli rasbora at risk? They seem to like playing in the bubbles :eek:
he will more than likely attack anything that gets too close once eggs are in.

I remove fry with a pipette the second day after they hatch, before they become free swimming fully.

But if a nest is at the surface, take a cup, submerge it carefully away from the nest, go under the nest and very slowly raise the cup to scoop the nest from below. Gotta be delicate with this.

First few days the fry are too small for baby brine shrimp, i start with infusoria, baby cyclops, and Hikari First Bites, then move up to baby brine shrimp after a week.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back