The Perfect Fish For Me.

I suspect it's a platinum gourami. This is a color variation of the Trichogaster trichopterus aka the blue three spot or opaline gouramis. They are very beautiful. When they flare they often show pale shades of pink or blue or sometimes yellow.
 
Personally I wouldn't have the opaline/blue/gold/platinum gourami in a 125l. The are not massive but IME quite lively, do best in a pair or trio.
 
No, gouramis do quite well alone. Females are much more sedate than the males and if several of them are kept together will often swim together almost like a school. Adult males, however, can get fairly aggressive with the females and even with their other tankmates.

12-29-07Mythreefemales-1.jpg
 
As I said In my experience with these particular fish - I found one alone did not do well but 2 did well and even laid eggs.
 
This is the mother of the three gouramis I posted above. She is hiding from the male who she spawned with several times. Interestingly enough, when I set her up in a spawning tank and added the male, she took over and he politely built the bubble nest to her specifications. :D

3spotincave.jpg
 
They are Orange Laser corys, also known as Corydoras sp. (Cw010). :D
 
there well cool. i need to get a few more corys and i want to find a diffrent type to add might have to look into them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top