The Perfect Fish For Me.

TimNorwich

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
301
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Okay, been looking at a couple more fish to put in my 125L Rio 125. To go along with my rainbows.

I want a bigger sort of fish that is fairly odd, and that really stands out in the tank. I

I'd quite like an albino type of fish

Looked at Gouramis today, the kissing variety, really nice fish but will get too big for the tank.

Just really can't decide/find what I want.

Can somebody throw me a few names of fish into the equasion please.

Many thanks,

Tim.
 
Are kribensis okay in a community? I don't want to put the rainbowfish in danger.
 
The rainbows are 4 Boesmani, 2 Turquoise, and 4 dwarf neon (which I may get rid of).


I do like the Kribensis Cichlid, do they take long to get to a reasonable size? Don't think i've ever seen one bigger than 2".
 
They reach breeding size fairly quickly - max out at about 4" though breed before this. Many LFS can get sub adults in.

Rainbows should be ok as they are fast, give them some floating cover and other hiding places.
 
So how long would it take to get to 3-4" if I bought one at 2" ? Is it best to find the biggest most colourful ones if I wanted a normal one?

Do the albino have any colouration to them in breeding?
 
Do you know anything about the fish?
As this is a thread about recommending a good community fish, not just a random google search fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top