The David Copperfield of snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Velatelen

Reaction score
Noticed a snail today. Wouldnā€™t be a thing except I have no idea where it could have came from. I noticed it after I planted some java fern I got today bought the in bag stuff that is in the gel (Iā€™ll just have to see how that turns out). I have pee gravel left over from a garden project and stones from the field where I work. These were boiled before they went in the tank. Anyway was hoping for an identification on the magician.

Attachments

• 884FF19E-3116-4DB4-8A40-3143777907E9.jpeg
    884FF19E-3116-4DB4-8A40-3143777907E9.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 74
Looks like a pond snail, I have gotten them with live plants. I just about done dealing with an infestation of snails myself. I took out over 100 snails and still find 3-4 a day. Yoiu may want to find him a new home before there are more.

Looks like a pond snail, I have gotten them with live plants. I just about done dealing with an infestation of snails myself. I took out over 100 snails and still find 3-4 a day. Yoiu may want to find him a new home before there are more.
Yes it is pond snail, you @Velatelen have to move them from the tank before its too late, they can duplicate to thousands of them in a week. My platy tank is full of snails o_O

You don't have to remove them just keep them under control. I have Physid pond snails in my tanks (there are 2 types of pond snail) and those tiny ramshorn snails, both of which are often considered to be pests. But my tanks are not overrun with them because they don't have enough food to do that. I do not over feed my fish, and I hoover the debris off the bottom of the tank each week. Uneaten fish food, fish poop etc feed the snails so keeping those down controls snail numbers.

Thanks for the ID. I still donā€™t know where it came from like I said just put the java fern in. I did a full check on it and it wasnā€™t ever in a tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back