The Big Question

Derpeder

Reaction score
I am doing a puffer tank. it is 43 gallons and I am having inner debates about whether I should get F8's or GSPs. (this decision spurred on by the recent knowledge that I cannot keep them together.)

What do you think I should get? If you have experience with both or either let me know why I should choose one over the other.

Thanks

It's apples and oranges.

GSPs are large fish that eventually need high-end brackish, perhaps marine, conditions. Being large fish, they are outgoing, relatively smart, and qualify as "pets" if suitably trained and tamed. Figure-8s are small fish that can at the very least be kept in a low-end brackish tank with lots of plants, and possibly with a variety of carefully chosen tankmates, such as bumblebee gobies. I'd certainly try them with fast moving fish like halfbeaks and glassfish, too, provided there was enough space.

Your choice, really.

Neale

Would that be US gallons or UK gallons? Your only option would really be figure 8's. GSP shouldnt be kept together, unless provided with a much larger tank. Even if GSP's could be housed together IMO I would still go with figure 8's. Figure 8's do not need the teeth care that GSP's need, they are less aggressive, you have a much wider variety of potential tankmates, their need for a low salinity allows for planting of the tank, and many other reasons.

Most reactions

Back