The Best Internal Filter For A 60ltr Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Depends what you want to keep. With very small tanks, if your plan is to stock small fish, an air-powered sponge or box filter will often be the best all-around filter. Safe with tiny fish and shrimps (including their offspring); needs minimal maintenance (in a lighting stocked tank may go months between cleans); and delivers a useful amount of filtration and circulation.

Cheers, Neale

I had a fluval U2/U3, can't remember which one it was but worked fantastically. Never had a problem with it, quiet, and kept the water nice and clear. But I don't have much experience with other internal filters to give a good comparison. But I would recommend the U series as a good filter.

keep it easy and simple.....aquaclear 50, use two foam inserts, your set

I would want something with a better turnover rate than the aquaclear plus not much room for media.I think I'm going to go
with the fluvial u2 or 3 or the eheim biopower160 or 200?
From what I have read on this forum it is best to go for filtration that that is more than adequate for the size of tank, 5x turn over rate per hour, so that would be 360 p/h, the eheim has adjustable flow.

I would want something with a better turnover rate than the aquaclear

rolleyes.gif

you need to do more research before you purchase [B}anything![/B]

an aquaclear 50 does 200 gallons per hour....way more than enough for your tank,

overfiltering does not do anything more for your water, its just a waste of electricity and money

Most reactions

trending

Back