Thank You One And All For Taking Part In My Experiment.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
I'm doing a counselling degree as some of you may know and was asked to do some course work, a personal case study on something which was my choice.
I decided to start to work on addictive personalities.
I believe I have one and after having various addictions over my life and now being free from them all (apart from my two cigarettes a day) I didn't know how to do this. Fishkeeping has been a big part of my life for nearly 7 years now and whilst I believe this could be an addiction it wouldn't be looked on by someone who didn't like fish in the same light. With the likes of social networks and forums I thought this was the way to go.
I become a member here before starting this coursework obviously but decided to increase my use of the forum when I had this idea and use it more and more each day especially as its so easy to use the forum on a mobile phone. The idea was then to stop it completely or try and reduce the time spent on the forum.
It was a fun project and reading about something I loved made it all the better.
I didn't manage to stop using the forum completely (I was going to come back after I wrote up my course work anyway) and I said this in my case study. Whilst the main point of it was my obsession with fish there was also a greater part in it for the use of social networks and forums, something of which is so easy to use and many do.

I received my course work back and got a very good mark for it (I won't gloat with my marks) and the tutor has now given me a placement with him (something which I need to get in September anyway) in his private business outside of his working hours with the class.

I'd like to thank everyone for helping me. Yes, you didn't know you were helping me but I managed to demonstrate how addictions can become such a 'normal' part of every day life and be socially acceptable too, I added things like tea and coffee to it to also show how people become irritable without it and the feelings associated with the withdrawl. These are accepted by people for some reason and whilst they're not the worst of addictions they are/can be addictions.
I'm not saying everyone or in fact, anyone else who uses the forum has a addictive personality but I know I do, this is why I stopped using many things in my life that took me out of myself, even playing the PS3!

By the way, I think I managed to not come on the forum for a maximum of one day before I had to return. I tried lots of times and one day mark was reached a few times but no more than that.

Thanks for helping and reading.

:lol:

Well, I'm glad we all helped, even if we didn't know it!

Congrats on your exam results, mate, well done :D

Thank you!

Was never any good at school as I wanted to act like a clown but I am so please (and shocked) when I get a decent mark.

Unfortunately most of us don't have the sense to use our brains to their potential when we're in school! Thankfully it's never too late as most of us don't figure out what we want to do with our lives for another couple of decades. Don't underestimate yourself! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back