Tetra Id Help Please

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
A friend bought my little boy a couple of tetras for his tank (bit miffed because tetras should be in a shoal) anyway, the one has turned out to be a lime tetra and has grown huge and is happy shoaling with the giant danios, but the other is all on his own. I have tried to take a picture, but what I got could be anything lol.
Its about 1 1/2 - 2 cm long
silver body
blue eyes
blue tips to its fins
it has a black line running from the base of its tail to the end of its dorsal fin along the lateral line which fades to pale blue towards its eye.

if anyone has a clue I would be most greatful.
 
I think it will really help if you get a picture mate. Or can you find it on google???
 
I have tried to photograh it, but its just all comes out blurry. I have tried google and other fish sites but nothing comes close. I have even tried asking at the lfs where my friend bought the fish from and they didnt know, they just said it must have got mixed up with the lime tetras in shipping?

When all else fails I ask here :lol:
 
Cheers Andy for that link, the closest is the black neon, but on mine the black stripe does not go to the eye it stops in line with the dorsal fin, and it has blue eyes and blue tips to its fins.

This is doing my head in lol
 
Cheers Andy, had a good look through all of those too, and tropicalfishfinder. It seems this fish I have doesnt exist??? unless its not a tetra. Will have to try to get a picure.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top