Temporarily Housing A Larger Fish In A Smaller Tank?

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
I am not sure if I should do this, but...

I saw a fish I like today at a pet store, a Severum. For some reason, the pet stores and fish stores I know barely ever have one. However, I only have a 20 gallon, but I know for a fact I'm getting a 55 or 70 in the future. Would it harm the fish to keep it in a 20 gal for a month or two? Thanks.
 
Only if you can guarantee it would only be for a month/two max, what size is it now? Anymore than 2/3" and I would say no.
 
Then you have about two months before it would need upgrading, be aware though, that you would need to upgrade to a 75g for long term/life. Take that into account before you get one.
 
Then you have about two months before it would need upgrading, be aware though, that you would need to upgrade to a 75g for long term/life. Take that into account before you get one.
Oh, I didn't know they needed a tank that large, I was thinking 55 minimum. Thank you for the info. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top