Temperature

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

UKSPEED

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
When should I be getting worried about water temperature?

Tank is currently at 28.5c - 83F as the room is so hot!

Keeping light off and lid open.

Depends a lot on your set up and stocking. Some fish prefer that sort of temperature. Some are really picky. It'd be fairly normal for discus or some of the apistos, and way too hot for some of the common community fish, but they're often less problematical.

It's a community tank so mollies, tetras, 2 bolivians rams, an angelfish, catfish and small plec. They all seem fine at the moment swimming around happily like they usually are.

If they seem fine they probably are fine, if it gets above 29c you could place a fan pointing towards the surface of the water, or put bottles of cold water in the tank :good:

My tank went up to 26 today. Thought my heater was faulty at first!

I've just got in and my lil fella's are a bit lethargic. The temp is up from 23/24 to 26/27 so I'm guessing that's why they arn't darting about like usual.

My living room gets the full force of the afternoon sun into a big (almost 6ft long) window so it can get a bit sauna like some days.

I forgot to drop the blinds when I went out at lunchtime which could've helped. Will have to make sure I remember tomorrow. They've eaten anyway so they're okay :lol:

Its supposed to get cooler next week too so hopefully won't have to worry about it for too long. I'd put some cold bottles in there to drop it back down a touch

My tanks temps went up too today, not by that much thankfully as they're at the cooler end of the room.
I have a 10ft window at the front which gets a lot of sun, but I remembered to close the blinds before I went out.
I have a 25 litre cube in my hall which went up to 84 degrees, luckily there are no fish in that one

Let's hope it stays hot, I am loving it even if my fish aren't! I need a suntan!

All tanks up to 28 degrees today, just think of the electricity that's being saved...

Haha that's true! I've never done the cold bottle thing before. Literally a sealed bottle of water in the tank?

I'm with sad guppy on this .... Bring on the sunshine!! . Even if my fish don't need it .... I do!!! .
I turned my heater down a tad & got a bottle of cold water at the ready to place in my tank if needs be tho so far so good as my temp is still steady at 28 so up slightly but all good at present it seems!! .

The second it gets above 77F in my house it's time to turn on the air conditioner!

We don't have the luxury in the UK in most houses :p Saying that, we rarely have the need to stick on any AC. My tank hit 31 deg. C yesterday and I had cold water bottles in their, the heater off and a fan facing the surface of the water - the whole kaboosh! There was nothing else I could've done :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back