piranha_tim
Fishaholic
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2008
- Messages
- 412
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi Everyone,
As most of you know ... I had a PH problem in my tank.
But to my discovery the information gathered from debugging my (supposed) first problem tank I learned a lot.
One of the things I learned was assuming all my tanks PH was 7.6-7.7 that my tap water must be the same.
well that was wrong my tap water is in the 8.4s which is starting to make a lot of sense to the original PH problem.
Problem:
The water I use for water changes PH is drastically different to the water in the tank.
Tap = 8.4PH Tank = 7.7PH
But while I was independently testing the rocks to see if they where the cause of the High PH
and thinking the rocks aren't raising the bucket water as they measured 7.7PH ... they where actually bringing the PH down.
So I thought about this idea.
Possible Solution:
I fill my buckets the day before and put 3 rocks in each bucket.
This ... if works means I am returning the same PH water to the tank.
Anyways I maybe wrong but I am going to have fun trying it out.
Thought I would let people know if they want to discuss and if it works allow some other members to experiment (I realise this method isn't probably for most people but you never know)
As most of you know ... I had a PH problem in my tank.
But to my discovery the information gathered from debugging my (supposed) first problem tank I learned a lot.
One of the things I learned was assuming all my tanks PH was 7.6-7.7 that my tap water must be the same.
well that was wrong my tap water is in the 8.4s which is starting to make a lot of sense to the original PH problem.
Problem:
The water I use for water changes PH is drastically different to the water in the tank.
Tap = 8.4PH Tank = 7.7PH
But while I was independently testing the rocks to see if they where the cause of the High PH
and thinking the rocks aren't raising the bucket water as they measured 7.7PH ... they where actually bringing the PH down.
So I thought about this idea.
Possible Solution:
I fill my buckets the day before and put 3 rocks in each bucket.
This ... if works means I am returning the same PH water to the tank.
Anyways I maybe wrong but I am going to have fun trying it out.
Thought I would let people know if they want to discuss and if it works allow some other members to experiment (I realise this method isn't probably for most people but you never know)







