Tanks Mbuna Tank Diary (pics & Video)

Thanks.
It i already had the tank and just took som rock out of my main tank.
I take it you will get like 5-8 more then.

no that is my final stocking. Its just the way I want it and I can safely say that I am content with the it is.

Would people recommend getting more?

Yeah it is 50g, I think I like the way it is at the moment so I'm going to stick with what I have. It looks very full any way. I think if I did add more the tank would become too busy.

I am aware of the aggression factor based on the population of the tank. But I think the tank is doing ok at the moment. If there is a problem in the future then I might think about getting addition fish.

cheers

I think it will be more resisting the temptation to add more fish when you see some you like !
I know what you mean about some tanks looking too full, maybe more relaxing to watch when there are less.

i would get a syno or 2.or a small group of syno petricola.they are a great catfish.they school and swim around.or then tere is larger synos.but what ever takes ur fancy.
i would also get a small kind of plec.
but i would look into these in the future once ur tank is and fish are settled down a little

great tank by the way

tanks a lot: Kudos for a job well done. I'd be tempted to make the rock arrangement appear more "natural," but overall, the tank looks amazing. The river rocks rock. heheh

Just went nuts with the camera!!!!

Metriaclima sp. "Aurora Yellow”

DSCF1841.jpg

DSCF1842.jpg

DSCF1884.jpg

DSCF1909.jpg

DSCF1893.jpg

Ps. Elongatus "mpanga"

DSCF1843.jpg

DSCF1850.jpg

DSCF1851.jpg

DSCF1887.jpg

DSCF1890.jpg

DSCF1916.jpg

You gotta just love labs!

DSCF1844.jpg

DSCF1913.jpg

DSCF1881.jpg

and the mother to be!

DSCF1870.jpg

You take great pics.
Wat camera do you have? How many Megapixcelss and how many times zoom? Do you use the guide to taking good fish pics that is in this section?

Do you have a recent FTS? Are cichlids egg layers?

I took these photos yesterday.

Hi Wayne, mubuna cichlids (labs) are egg layers but as soon as they are laid and fertilised they are promptly taken into the mothers mount, for protection and to hatch. This is what is know as maternal mouth brooding. If you look at the last picture of the (mother to be) and the pictures of the labs above it, it is quite visible that the female is carrying a mouthfull eggs.

I’m sure there is a special name for this extendable chin pouch, but I don’t know it. If somebody does can they please throw some light on the topic as I would like to know also?

You take great pics.
Wat camera do you have? How many Megapixcelss and how many times zoom? Do you use the guide to taking good fish pics that is in this section?

Hi ginge, you can check out the stats about my camera on this post in the non fish photo section
Tanks a lots camera and some photos
No I havent read the "how to guide yet" but I am going to now.

Just finished stripping the holding female, I am now the proud owner of 13 fry. I couldnt believe how many fry she was holding (she is only about 2 inches) and I was suprise at how big they where, they could barely fit out of her mouth. All is well for the moment and I'm going to check again later to see if she managed to hide any. She is still looking a bit fat in the jaw, but I suppose I would be too if I had been carrying 14 fry for three weeks in my mouth! Is this normal, not me but the fish?

DSCF1829.jpg

DSCF1817.jpg

DSCF1818.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality but the little guys are so small its very hard to focus on them, I will try for better pics soon. Now its off to do a water change on the goldies. It never stops!

Most reactions

Back