63g Mbuna tank set up :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GBLShorty

Reaction score
All set up now, just need a longer pipe for my external so just running trickle filter for now, going to start dosing ammonia when it finally turns up in the post (was supposed to be yesterday)

Working on stocking ideas now, so kind fella from my town has offered me some seeded media so it may not take long to cycle, i have a api master kit plus tetra dip tests for quick tests

Stocking list ideas are

5 x Yellow Lab 1M/4F
3 x Red Swedish Hongi 1M/2F
3 x Red Zebra 1 M/2F
3 x Afra varient 1M/2F

still learning about others but i am going to go with 20 fish in total, 50% weekly water changes with tests, over filtered 2000l/ph

Interested in gambling with Blue Hap pair and also thinking about Auratus x 3 and a Strawberry Peacock male

32294724_10160389826805593_2325328854928850944_n.jpg

photo.php

32637183_10160389827010593_1676305879994990592_n.jpg

Do you want to breed the fish? if yes then don't keep more than 1 species of zebra in the tank. They will cross breed. They will also be more territorial and aggressive if there are females to fight over.

If you want colour then just have males.

-------------------
You can cycle the trickle filter without using the tank. Just add the ammonia to the trickle filter and put the return hose over the sponges so the water in the sump gets pumped over the filter materials. You use less ammonia this way.
You can leave it connected to the tank and run it thru the tank if you like but it depends on how much the ammonia costs.

Tank is now mature, i used mature filter pieces in both of my filter

My stocking idea

65 gallon

Have -

2 x Red Top Hongi ' Sweden' ((Labidochromis sp. Hongi)

1 x Red Zebra

1 x blue hap

wanted

8 x Yellow Labs (Labidochromis Caeruleus)

1 x red top swedish Hongi

3 x Perlmutt (Labidochromis sp Perlmutt)

1 x Red zebra (Maylandia Estherae)

Interested in

Yellow tail acei

Rusty

Strawberry peacock

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back