Tanks Built To Your Specs

LastBoy5cout

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wiltshire
Have an alcove in my flat that is 150 cm wide so its just under 5 foot, I wanted a tank that would fit in there with hardly any gap at either end. If i put a four footer in there it wont be much bigger than my current tank and would have gaps at either end.

Are all tanks an exact size ie 4/5/6 foot or do they vary and if they dont does ayone know a company who make tanks to order so it will fit the hole perfectly.
 
you may be grateful of the gaps to access hob/external pipes,wires, electricity switches?. there are lots of companies that will fill the gap for you of course but its like a dress, one off the peg is going to be much cheaper than one you have made :).. not that im suggesting you know anything about dresses lol

shelagh xxx
 
I tend to keep the dress wearing for weekends, but anywho!

I was thinking the hoses/Co2 etc could go down the back. I was after the built into the alcove look.

My dad is a carpenter so the cabinet will be purpose built.
 
Speak to windsor-aquatic on this forum
Regards
BigC
 
you can get standard 5ft tanks. if it were me i would go with a 4ft though. you need some sort of gap, just incase.
 
Contact windsor aquatics, the built my 15x15x15 cube for a mere £25 - Bargain (especially as I was getting quoted £80-120 elsewhere)
 
Thanks for all the input, am thinking now about the gap business. Do I really need a gap as surely the hoses and Co2 stuff can fit behind and will build a cabinet so will have holes in the back for said items and they can be stored underneath.

I wasnt thinking of going really flush about a inch gap either side.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top