Tankmate Ideas?

overboard

New Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
I have 29 gallon aquarium. I presently have 8 white cloud minnows, 1 Bornio Sucker (Hillstream Loach), 1 Bronze Cory and 1 male Betta. It is planted with java moss 2 java ferns and driftwood. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what tank mates I could add with these species that would look nice. I know I should have a pair of the cories, but other wise? Any ideas?
 
Having a Betta in there certainly limits your choices. It will be pretty much hit and miss with any of the smaller tetra species as they can be a little nippy. I honestly don't know what to suggest, other than getting some more Cories. :look:
 
Up the cory numbers to 4 as they like to be in groups. Other than that harlequin rasboras are good with bettas :good;
 
Having a Betta in there certainly limits your choices. It will be pretty much hit and miss with any of the smaller tetra species as they can be a little nippy. I honestly don't know what to suggest, other than getting some more Cories. :look:

LOL, ya I know, I might have to get a second tank for the betta. We are putting this tank in our living room so I want it to look nice. Lets say the betta wasn't in there?
 
If you've got a hillstream loach and WCCM's, you're halfway to a fast moving stream setup. I'd stick some flavour of danio's in there.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top