Tanked Fail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LyraGuppi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Pffftttt....

So I was on vaca for 2 weeks, and came across the Tanked show. There was this guy that wanted a baseball themed tank, and his fiancee hates fish. Why, because they smeeeellllll...
noexpression.gif

Just wanted to share that. :p

That's funny. I hate this show though. The tanks ( while interesting shapes) are generally very overstocked and difficult to manage due to their odd shapes. Plus they are thrown into the hands of usually inexperienced fish keepers. I do like to watch how they build the weird tanks and I like the god bits about different species, but the show does not focus on the well-being of fish.

I enjoy the show myself, but some tanks, especially the dog kennel tank I couldn't stand to see finished. It had axolotls, mollies, glass catfish, and a whole bunch of other fish in it. WAY too many fish, and too small for the axis, and they'll get picked on :c sad to see, but cool to watch them build. 

My favorite one they did was a gumball tank for Serendipity 3 in Las Vegas. I liked the mechanics of actually putting the tank together. I also enjoyed watching them build a spade-shaped tank, but I hated that it was a wall mount and seemed to have no real points of access for maintaining the tank. I've not seen the dog kennel tank episode. My dog would probably love it if I built her a tank into her kennel. She loves to watch the fish. 

The worst one was a half-pipe for skateboarding. :(

Ugh, I have to agree with all of you. I kept thinking,
"You plan on cleaning that?"

Most of the tanks installs comes with monthly maintenance by 'professionals', so the owners don't really have to do anything. They just get to look at them. However we all know it should be weekly maintenance, not monthly... Anyways, I still enjoy this show even though it does have its issues as mentioned above.  Sadly most of these huge and elaborate tanks aren't in the hands of true fish lovers and hobbyists. 

I just watched the show last night. Tracy morgan has a few of these tanks one being a SHARK tank, which is awesome but you think woah, that's not enough room to flourish so it made me sad. Then at the end of the episode they mentioned one of his sharks got too big so they transported him to a real aquarium where he seemed happy.. lol. But regardless, yeah the fish are an afterthought, I guess they didn't plan on the sharks growing. Tracy also has an octopus she is beautiful but looks to be on such a small tank - they think it's big : /

I think that if those people have the money  to get those tanks built, surely they'll be willing to pay other people to maintain the tank, too. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back