Tank Upgrade Questions

drufly

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
lisburn, N Ireland
As you can see from my sig i am needing a new tank soon(180ltr cming b4 xmas). The ? is about filters, I am getting a jewel record 180. Is the filter which comes with it ok or should i think of getting an external(any suggestions on which 1).

Also i have noticed at lfs SHARK CATS which i really like would a couple of these be ok in the new tank or would it be over crowded.

Cheers
Dru
 
can you not use your current filter?

If not then extenals are better with larger tanks, just transfer your old media to the new canister and you wont have to cycle again
 
The prob is my current tank is a hexagon shape with a built in filter. It sucks up at 1 side thru the sponge and then trickles out the other side.
I was also looking to move the cold water setup into the 90ltr(current tank) i dont mind cycling just wondering what would be better.

What about the shark cats do u know anything about them
 
Thy are in ordinary fresh water in the lfs tho( prob typical of lfs)

Shame cos i really like these fish, facinating they are indeed.
 
They also get to around 2foot in the wild so will grow to big for a 180l
 
Do u know of any shark cats that can survive in a tank of this size which dont need salt.

Would really like 1 or maybe 2
 
I have a Rio 180. I use an external - tetratec EX 700 (I never tried the built in filter as I removed it, some say it gets clogged quickly but I don't know if that's true). I found that the heater that came with the 180 was not very good - at all - so I bought a different one.

You'd need a different tank and set up for the catfish sharks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top