Tank Test Results (in A Rush Please Have A Look)

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I have owned my Piranha for about 2.5 weeks.

2 Days ago I upgraded his tank to a 75Gallon Keeping 30Gallons from the old tank.

I did a test to see how it is going.

Here is the tests I have done.

ammonia = 0
nitrate = 0.1
pH low = 7.6 (6.0 - 7.6 Range)
pH High = 7.6 (7.4-8.6 Range)
Haven't changed his tank for 2 days.


results are good but can I trust that the tank has been cycled?

Should I leave the tank for another 2 days and see what the results are from that?

Does anyone need any other info.

KH/GH?
PH? high or low?
 
ammonia = 0
nitrate = 0.1
Haven't changed his tank for 2 days.
pH low = 7.6 (6.0 - 7.6 Range)
pH High = 7.6 (7.4-8.6 Range)


What do you think?
 
Oh and sorry I don't have a nitrite tester funny enough I had one in my hand but got left a side.
 
nitrate is very low indicating it muite not have cycled properly yet but really could do with the nitrite reading :)


jen
 
No Problem ... I will get one on Saturday

Is Nitrate after or before Nitrite?

Yes, you kinda need a nitrate test kit to really tell. I agree with jen.

I have a Nitrate ?? Its the Nitrite I don't have.
 
Also with these readings ... I won't be home ... Do you think he will be ok for another 2 days?
 
as longs as nitrite is no higher than say 0.25 then i would say yes he will be ok for a couple of days :)
 
as longs as nitrite is no higher than say 0.25 then i would say yes he will be ok for a couple of days :)

ok tested it twice his nitrite is 0 ... So I guess his tank has cycled or that the tank is filled with only condition tap water and no progress as been made from the obsessive water changes ... but its been 3 days now
 
are the fish in the tank now?

if not, i'd add a couple at a time and not throw all the fish in at once. this helps your filter cope with the amount of waste being produced by your fish. test the water about 12 to 24 hours after adding fish each time.

nitrite is before nitrate. the nitrite is a pollutant which is produced by fish poo. the bacteria that builds up in your filter breaks the nitrite down and creates nitrate which, i beleive, can help plants grow.
 
I got 1 Piranha ... The tank is all his all 75 Gallons.

He won't get on with many other fish so ...

Only thing that scares me is that this tank has only been running from scratch 3 weeks.

And it's cycled already.

I will keep testing it to make sure.
 
MYSTERY SOLVED.

I was doing 2 Nitrite testers ... Hence the Nitrate being so low well none. existant.

So Lame ... I got the test kit thought I was testing nitrate not nitrite went out bought a second nitrite tested it and was wondering why everything was sitting at 0.

The good news is my Piranha is not suffering from Nitrite thats for sure.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top