Tank Maturing Update W/pics

phlawed

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Amarillo, Tx
Well its getting close to puffer changing home time, but still has a little ways to go. Friend is taking eel hopefully in next week or so. Waiting for his tank to get going. But they are surviving together fine thus far. no eel pics as he is under his holy rock chillin. Tank is running a tetra 40-60g hob filter 250gph (says 300gph on box, but doubt it), 5w UV, and 150w heater which keeps everything pretty constant. Nitrites have been a dead zero for 4 weeks straight, natrates 0-10 constant. well here are the pics and my baby.

water 1.016



 
Looks good. I bet you can't wait for that badboy to be fully grown, eh? In a tank like that, he's going to be rather good fun I imagine. Looks like he has lots of hidey-holes as well as space for swimming in the open.

Have you considered some fake plants? I think the tank needs a bit of green, and some plastic seaweeds to vallisneria might be just the thing. I know they look rubbish in the shop, but if you buy a whole bunch of them, they can look very effective.

Cheers,

Neale
 
Have you considered some fake plants? I think the tank needs a bit of green, and some plastic seaweeds to vallisneria might be just the thing. I know they look rubbish in the shop, but if you buy a whole bunch of them, they can look very effective.
Yup. I have a bunch of plastic twisted vals in one of my tanks, it looks rather realistic and would probably look nice contrasting with your rock-work.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top