Tank lights

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nichola_C

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a fluval flex 123L and was just wondering how long people keep their lights on in the tank.
Mine come on and off automatically and was wondering if they are on too long or too bright etc.
They come on at 7am and go off at 9pm, the lights dim at about 7pm.

Is it a planted tank? Or no live plants? If there are no plants, you can keep it on however long you want (although probably a good idea to give the fish a rest). If you have plants you'll need to play around with light timing based on the type of plants you have, the depth of your tank, whether you're using CO2, etc. 14 hours is a lot if you have live plants. It will probably lead to algae growth. I believe 8 - 10 hours is the norm for planted tanks.

Is it a planted tank? Or no live plants? If there are no plants, you can keep it on however long you want (although probably a good idea to give the fish a rest). If you have plants you'll need to play around with light timing based on the type of plants you have, the depth of your tank, whether you're using CO2, etc. 14 hours is a lot if you have live plants. It will probably lead to algae growth. I believe 8 - 10 hours is the norm for planted tanks.
Its a non planted tank....atm (well not real ones just fake)
There are so many colour setting on the tank, I need to look into all the different colours and see what they do. Who knew a light would have so many options

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back