Tank Lights?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
I have a 38L Tank, and I noticed that some people have lights in there tank that almost make it look blue? well it does look blue..

im wondering if I can get one for my tank - if so how much would they be?
 
You can get various "blue" lights for you aquarium. There are LED kits that give a moonlight effect and also dedicated moonlight tubes. There are also "white" tubes, that have a large amount of the blue end of the spectrum in them (particularly useful in marine aquariums)

What sort of blue were you after?
 
I have underwater led lights, you can get them in all sorts of colours. Look up RAZER-OPTO it will take you to their ebay shop. Unfortunately at the moment he is not doing the sets on ebay, just the individual bulbs and adaptors. He does have a website but I can find it at the mo (2 year old and 4 year old driving me nuts lol) with his number on. he is a very nice helpful chap, I think the set of 5 bulbs and adaptor was about £13.

Hope this helps
 
Ok, I think I might purchase the LED lights off ebay for the fish tanks, and attach them to the top of my tank pointing downwards?
 
I have underwater led lights, you can get them in all sorts of colours. Look up RAZER-OPTO it will take you to their ebay shop. Unfortunately at the moment he is not doing the sets on ebay, just the individual bulbs and adaptors. He does have a website but I can find it at the mo (2 year old and 4 year old driving me nuts lol) with his number on. he is a very nice helpful chap, I think the set of 5 bulbs and adaptor was about £13.

Hope this helps

Those are really nice, I havent seen them before, I like that you can buy the adaptor with a dimmer switch. I think I may invest in a couple.
 
Actinic lights are used in marine tanks and have a blue tint. You can also buy a sleeve to make your current flourescent lights blue.
 
You can just wire cold cathodes into your current hood next to your current lights. Here is a thread on them. There is a thread on this site too, if you search for moonlights it will probably come up. Your not in the US, so I'm not sure were the best place to buy them is.

Its an old pic, but this is what my 55gal looks like with the cold cathodes on.
IMG_6350.jpg
 
the LED'S (cold cathodes) will not in any way benefit your plants by day (you wanted a planted setup right ?) because its a totally different type of light spectrum but the blue led night lights will look cool in the dark which they do in mikaila's setup very nice by the way
 

Most reactions

Back
Top