Tank Backgrounds

Yeah. The black backing I have now was peel and stick adhesive, multiple attempts, scraping the air with credit cards etc made no difference... Couldn't get all bubbles out.. It's only up close you notice though. But annoying none the less...

try pin pricking the bubbles & work the air out of the pinhole... it works pretty good

seen this done as well... using car window tinting... I think the only issue with that, that I've seen, is loosening of the edges over time, from getting too wet from the tank spillage... but a dark window tint does a good job of hiding all the cords, air lines & filters

I tried a peel and stick white background off of amazon and i had the WORST time with it, i ended up removing it because i had so many air pockets (and that was a big pain), and now I temporarily have a white poster board type thing that i cut out to slide behind the tank. it works for now, but it looks darker which i do not like. i might go to the craft store and get some paint for the back. i never want to mess with peel and stick backgrounds again lol

Yeh, I definitely won’t be applying a stick on window tint or painting. I will be getting the laminate roll and cello tape. It’s just a case of what to go for 🤔
i might look into the laminate roll too! i think that would be worlds easier than the sticky stuff or painting it. and you can change it whenever you want which is nice

I used brown parcel paper in what was meant to just be a temporary arrangement, taped it on but quite like it now, looks natural and complements the natural coloured sand I have.

I did test a frosted background with the plastic you get for doors/windows and I found it was too bright and seemed to almost exaggerate the brightness of the light so I took it straight off and put the parcel paper back on :lol:

I should get something plastic as the paper inevitably gets drops of water on it and will need replacing at some point but at £2 a roll I can't really complain.

I like using matte black. I got some cardboard and spray painted it with the flattest black I could find. That avoids a glare in the tank. You can also use black poster board.
Personally, I don't want the background to be the focus of attention in the tank. I want the fish and plants to be. That's why I go with basic black.

The window film I use isn't the peel and stick. You spray it with water, put it on, and it is held on by some combination of friction, static electricity, quantum mechanics, and The Force. I use a credit card as a squeegee to get the bubbles out. Works great.

Most reactions

Back