Tank Backgrounds

bolivian_d

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi there,

I'm interested in buying a tank background that can be attached to the outside of an established tank. I read that they can easily be attached and still look good with vaseline. My LFS doesn't sell any backgrounds of that sort, I was wondering if anyone could please suggest a reliable website. In particular, if any aussie's know where I could just find a cheap alternative to official 'tank backgrounds' that would be great. I'm not looking for anything special, just a black sheet that I can attach.

Cheers
 
You could paint the back piece of glass. It is a good way of getting the colour you want, as you can get almost any colour.

And it is removable with a sharp blade or some paint remover.
 
Unfortunately my tank's in an awkward spot to paint, as it's pretty close to the wall.

Do you guys think wrapping paper or cardboard will look better? Can vaseline be used (and look good) with wrapping paper? I'm assuming the cardboard must be taped.
 
What I intend to do is put backgorund onto card, and put a couple L shaped bits of metal at back of tank to slot in place. That way I can drop new scene down the back at will. I wouldn't use vaseline a bit on the messy side!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top