Tall Aquarium Backgrounds

i just had the problem of not wanting to spend the $2.90 for a background....


what i did is used a black towel. it hangs with no tape or glue...i just slid it under where the filters touch the glass and hey hey, its holding and looks good. you can even "mess around" and get a 3-D look
 
i painted the back of my aquarium with blackboard paint.
dont know if i could do that to a brand new 700 quid tank lol id cry


well it looks good IMO to have a painted back so no problem doing to my 125G I bought recently. Just took a little time and patience to get a nice smooth coat.

Ox :good:
 
I make my own. I am an Architect so I just use house renderings that I have done and blow them up. They need to be high resolution scans though to print that big. This is a 72" long tank.

02.jpg
 
lol ok so the store in america got back to me...

they are willing to ship to the uk

on all orders over $150

..............now thats a lot of tank backgrounds!! :(

lol ok so the store in america got back to me...

they are willing to ship to the uk

on all orders over $150

..............now thats a lot of tank backgrounds!! :(
 
background lighting is a great idea, i've never done it but the ones i've seen are in a class of their own! why don't you just join 3 or 4 pieces together, stick them neatly together with a bit of silicone, if there are still noticable cracks then disguise it with a plant or two, or your heater.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top