Synodontis Id Help Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I call Hybrid as cant see any distinguishable features like spots or fin trails. Its a slightly unusual shape as well?

Wills

Here's the photo directly rather than a link:

66fb243b345005bb8c616753a34305fd_zps432d04c4.jpg

I've had him a few years now and he is about 7-8 inches. I just wish I could remember what type he was. He does look a bit like Eupterus but there are hardly any spots on him so may be he is a type of Hybrid.

To be honest, he's by far the largest fish in my tank and I'm considering getting him re-homed so he is with more of the same sized fish but I've had him for a while now and am reluctant to part with him. I'm pretty sure he helped himself to my shoal of neons a while back too!

Oh and thanks to crisycrunch and wills for their suggestions!

I'd say not Synodontis eupterus, though it may be a hybrid - can't see it myself but not convinced either way. What about Synodontis nigrita? I'm not saying it's that, but that's a similar brown coloured syno that doesn't have the distinguished dorsal fin and spotting of S.eupterus. 
Martin

MartinS said:
I'd say not Synodontis eupterus, though it may be a hybrid - can't see it myself but not convinced either way. What about Synodontis nigrita? I'm not saying it's that, but that's a similar brown coloured syno that doesn't have the distinguished dorsal fin and spotting of S.eupterus. 
Martin
Thanks Martin. I think that's the closet looking one so far.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back