Symbiotic Relationships (and Odd)

crimsontsavo

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 22, 2003
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Swamp Monger Floridian in Tennessee
I will try and get a picture as proof, lol.

My peacock Eel, Elvis will let the boldest little Platy baby bite his body all up and down. I assume it's eating dead skin and bits of dropped food.
I watched this go on for a good 5 minutes, Elvis never once tried to make a snack out of the lil guy. He could too.
the platies are still so small would be a little mouthful for him.

Yall have any symbiotic relationship stories? Like a pirranah buddying up with a feeder fish?
 
My parrot buddies up with my angelfish. She always swims side by side with them. It’s very cute and they get along so well it’s amazing. I have seven angelfish and she does that with every single one of them. Sometimes she follows them around the tank.

Also she lets my corys swim under her.

Now for my goldies. I have six of them and they are so close it’s amazing, swimming side by side. They adore each other and in the morning I always wake up to them snuggling each other.

This picture of them swimming close to each other.


05.jpg
 
My parrot buddies up with my angelfish. She always swims side by side with them. It’s very cute and they get along so well it’s amazing. I have seven angelfish and she does that with every single one of them. Sometimes she follows them around the tank.

Also she lets my corys swim under her.

Now for my goldies. I have six of them and they are so close it’s amazing, swimming side by side. They adore each other and in the morning I always wake up to them snuggling each other.

This picture of them swimming close to each other.


05.jpg

Such a cute picture! One of my new cory's would swim with my large male dalmation molly - that was cute.

BTW - is that a ringneck in the picture? Very pretty. I am the proud slave to three macaws and a cockatiel myself.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65976754@N00/...in/set-1613512/
 
A shoal of neons died off to leave only 1, and as they were shaoling fish it was going nuts, so I plopped him in with my female texas cichlid (which had killed/injured many a fish) for food, 1 week later he was still there and they would always keep near each other.It died not long after though :/
 
I once had a small shoal of clown loaches in a tank with a large shoal of tiger barbs. The clown loaches often shoaled with the tiger barbs (despite being about 3 times bigger then them :) ). Was funny to watch these big clown loaches trying to "blend in".

I also once has a scissor tail that had got in with another bunch of fish I bought and he spent about 4 years shoaling with a group of rummy nose tetras.
 
I have two white clouds. I originally bought two, one died, and I was stuck with one. So, I put him in with some female bettas, and they stayed together, and he started eating again. Now I bought him a friend, and I need to get a couple more.
 
We had a Saratoga about 18inches long and dumped a few feeder fish in with it. It ate them all except this little female convict. The two of them became inseparable. They would play tag together. The Saratoga would chase the convict around the tank and touch her tail then turn around and swim off. The convict would chase after the Saratoga until it caught it and they would swap again.
As soon as you took the convict out the Saratoga would sulk big time.
The two of them got along great and were a formidable team at feeding time, especially when live food was added to the tank.. Any fish that survived the main onslaught would get flushed out into the open by the convict and the saratoga would snap them up.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top