Swordfish Gave Birth Last Night!

Lawrence

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Maastricht, Holland
Last night my swordfish gave birth to fry. I was thinking of putting her in a breeding trap today but unfortunately i was too late. Now I have caught only two fry, but there are many more fry swimming in my community tank. I am not sure what to do. I put floating plants in my tank right now, so hopefully the fry will swim to the surface and stay in the plants, so i can just take the fry out and put them in the breeding trap. I have no other tank where i can transfer any fish! What do people advise, as this is my first time having fry in my tank :D
thanks

Could I vacuum the bottom of my tank just with a tube, so then i can collect the fry as most of them are lying in the gravel
 
Last night my swordfish gave birth to fry. I was thinking of putting her in a breeding trap today but unfortunately i was too late. Now I have caught only two fry, but there are many more fry swimming in my community tank. I am not sure what to do. I put floating plants in my tank right now, so hopefully the fry will swim to the surface and stay in the plants, so i can just take the fry out and put them in the breeding trap. I have no other tank where i can transfer any fish! What do people advise, as this is my first time having fry in my tank :D
thanks

Could I vacuum the bottom of my tank just with a tube, so then i can collect the fry as most of them are lying in the gravel


Try Getting A Breeding Box,

Available At Some Stores,

It Has The Mum And Babies Split untill the babies are big enough to defend them selfs :D
 
yeah tht is the thing i have...although i didnt put the mother in there, so she gave birth in the community tank instead
 
If you want to save them just catch them with a net or use a tube to suck them up,they then can be placed in the breeding trap,or save them in a bucket if theres to many with an airstone and change up to 50% of the water everyday to encourage growth.

ps please don't use capitals,theres no good shouting :)

Edited to add make sure the bucket hasn't been used for anything but fish if you go down this route :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top