Suspended Particles

GixxerAndy

Reaction score
Hi,

anyone ever have a problem with small white particles floating in their water?. I can't seem to get rid of them. I have a Jewel Rio 180 with the standard internal filter running and an extra Fluval 304MSF. The tanks been setup (fully cycled) for nearly a year now. I had the lights on 12 hours a day until someone told me it may be algae so now I have them on for 10 hours with a 2 hour gap in the middle.

Any Idea's?

Also I was sat wondering last night and thought that it may be due to cross currents from the filter outlets. I have the Jewel firing let to right and the Fluval firing right to left. I have spoke to 3 of my LFS's and they say this isn't problem.

Any Idea's.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I had exactly the same problem with my Juwel internal filter.
Turned out it was the top white filter medium was clogged - changed it and it got rid of the problem but it kept coming back so I put a foam filter in the bottom corner and i've never had a problem since - crystal water ever since

I'd go with the two suggestions above to change the filter media and add floss. They should take care of it. As for the lights, I would not have a gap in the middle, just run them ten hours straight. The gap would be confusing to the fish. I doubt the flow would stir anything up like that, but could not say for sure without knowing more about your tank set-up.

Most reactions

Back