Surprise!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
The wiring for the hood that came with my 10g didn't work so my mom went out today to get a new one. Lo and behold she comes home and offhandedly tells me that it was cheaper to get the starter kit so I opened the trunk and she brought home a whole new tank! AND the lights work!

My betta is getting a renovation soon anyways so I haven't decided whether I'll keep both tanks or send the free one back to its owner, but if I do keep both tanks I think I'd like to bring some inverts home one day. Room is an issue of course, as well as my near future departure to college senior year, so it's just a thought still.

Everyone say thanks mom!

Thats such good news! :yahoo:

Make sure to thank your mom!

(I wish my mom would have done something like this...lol)

It is true that a brand new tank, is cheaper than the hood/light purchase. Weird right? :dunno:

Thats such good news! :yahoo:

Make sure to thank your mom!

(I wish my mom would have done something like this...lol)

It is true that a brand new tank, is cheaper than the hood/light purchase. Weird right? :dunno:
Pet stores charge a ton for replacement peices and the kit may have been on sale:)

Thanks Mom!
The wiring for the hood that came with my 10g didn't work so my mom went out today to get a new one. Lo and behold she comes home and offhandedly tells me that it was cheaper to get the starter kit so I opened the trunk and she brought home a whole new tank! AND the lights work!

My betta is getting a renovation soon anyways so I haven't decided whether I'll keep both tanks or send the free one back to its owner, but if I do keep both tanks I think I'd like to bring some inverts home one day. Room is an issue of course, as well as my near future departure to college senior year, so it's just a thought still.

Everyone say thanks mom!

Everyone say thanks mom!
Hank = ♡

Pet stores charge a ton for replacement peices and the kit may have been on sale:)
No, best guess is it wasn't.

You can get a 10g starter kit from Walmart, for around $30. A new hood (Also from Walmart) cost $39.99+.

No, best guess is it wasn't.

You can get a 10g starter kit from Walmart, for around $30. A new hood (Also from Walmart) cost $39.99+.
Hmmm. My walmart has a 5g for $30. The 10 is $70

Best time to get a "starter" kit is on sale. Petsmart, Petco, etc.. have sales quite frequently. You almost certainly have to buy the heater extra, though.

Best time to get a "starter" kit is on sale. Petsmart, Petco, etc.. have sales quite frequently. You almost certainly have to buy the heater extra, though.
That is were they get you...

I can setup a 10g tank with a lot of DIT items and such, instead of buying a kit.

For example, I can get a 10g tank from PetCo during their $ per gallon sale for $10. I can get a cheap desk clip light for $5. (The bulls I had already and I got the lamp from a GoodWill)

Tetra's 2-10 gallon heater is really cheap ($10-$14) and sponge filters (Or tetra filters) are very cheap. I see no need to go and spend $30+ on a kit, when I can make it myself for under $20.

It depends on if you want a desk lamp light and the other things. ;) but it makes sense

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back