Surface Water Movement

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SchottayB

Mr. Terrorcore!
Reaction score
Just a quick question, I have been reading up via Google but always good to ask the question my self!

I have CO2 being injected into the tank, and I know surface movement is good for oxygen for the fish... but it will be killing the CO2 being injected to the tank?

I only have the internal Juwel filter in my tank so I am wondering if I should have a little Surface water movement or no surface movement but more movement with in the middle/bottom of the tank by twisting the filter nozzle down a bit?

Better to concentrate on good flow and distribution of the CO2 rather than save money on trying to prevent it gassing off

IMO

(Unless you meant will it matter - and the answer would be not really, you'd just have to increase the bubble count to get the DC Lime more than a less turbulent tank (hence the saving money thing))

I've got pressurized co2, AND I let my spray bar ripple the surface a little. Not rapids...just a little ripple :) I am probably going through more co2, but it's pretty cheap to refill.

If there's good flow there will probably be surface movement...if there isn't it's safe to assume that there's no flow there.
Bare in mind "Good flow" really means good distribution - No dead spots, counter currents etc

I added a powerhead but it looked too powerful? Fish didn't seen happy with it all was in a corner so I took it out.

Well I only have the built in internal filter in the tank with a little ripple on the surface like FishFanatic said, no splashing.

I'm using a 2kg FE. Think I should aim the filter down more? I can see bubbles all round the tank in the water but quite a few sitting on the surface?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back