Surface Water Film

Chrissyangel

New Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Durham
l have an oily film on the surface of the water which reappears soon after being removed
can anybody offer advise? :unsure:
 
I have the same problem, i will change the direction of the flow, but what is a surface skimmer? Is it anything like protien skimmers?
 
This is a surface skimmer it connects to your external filter

surface_skimmer.jpg


The clear pipe floats up and down with the level of your water allowing I little water from the surface to be drawn into the filter they work well


LB
 
i'm thinking of getting one. I have plenty of surface agitation, so i don't have an oily film, but i do get some powdery stuff which i believe a surface skimmer would take care of.
 
is a surface skimmer the same as a protein skimmer? will it wok in marine aqaurium? and can anyone give me a link? so i can see how much they cost?
and how do they work? do you fix them to a power head?
 
That's unnecessary. Why spend more money for something that an airstone or filter outlet can solve.

I use pressurized co2 so surface agitation is not an option to me so this is absolutely necessary to me and dose a great job :good:
 
Dont mean to hi-jack this thread, but where does the oily film come from?

Also i have a foamy substance in one corner, I have moved my direction so the surface has more movement but still get it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top