dsc00362tf1.jpg

dsc00360bg6.jpg

Oh and for those intrested

My wood on the first 1 hour soak.

dsc00359pd9.jpg

dsc00358zw0.jpg

Sexy tannis. :good:

Everyone seems to have that bucket. :lol:

Yup, see mine dosen't have a handle I chucked it in the bin.. Dosen't really bother me :D

haha, i have to go downstairs and through the rest of the house to get to the bckgarden to empty them... so i need the handle otherwise i spil it all haha.

Yup, see mine dosen't have a handle I chucked it in the bin.. Dosen't really bother me :D

haha, i have to go downstairs and through the rest of the house to get to the bckgarden to empty them... so i need the handle otherwise i spil it all haha.

Empty mine in the bath, disgusting I know but who cares :D Also, do you think I have enough surface movement?

Yes i think there is a decent amount of surface movement m8 :)

yup, plenty.

Dad gets snotty if i empty it in the bath. :angry:

wow thats a whole lot of tannis, my wood had absoloutely no tannis :lol: , but to make sure i still let it soak for a week

I would boil that wood, it will make the tannins leech faster, not to mention sterilize it. Boil it in a pot, when the water turns brown change the water, boil again, use hot water from the tap so it boils faster to speed the process.

Repeat the boil/change water/boil process several times (like five or six.) until the water is much lighter than when you started. After its added to the tank any tannins that leech further will be removed through water changes or the use of carbon.

Boiling accomplishes in a few hours, what a week of soaking would do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back