Suoer Ick

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Bustacapp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have had my aquarium set up for about 2 months now (restarting an old hobby) and ive come into contact with ick before and i treated the water with quICK cure and its always cleared it up fast unfourtunatly i have noticed what i beleive to be ick on a few of my fish not a terrible infestation but noticable so i put in the treatment thinking the next day all would be gone and no more problems when i wake up the next morning i notice 3 of my fish have greatly gotten worse my orange swords look like marbles and its a very terrible sight ive never seen ick this bad so i treat my tank another time and the next day 1 fish has died and a new fish has become infested and the others are far worse than the day before i have a 10g tank and i took the carbon out of my filter and everything and suggestions on medicine im 90% positive its ick

If it's a goldish tinge, then it's velvet. Either way, the proprietary med should cure it.

First off, remove any carbon from filters.
Second, raise temp to around 85F. (This makes the parasite let go of the fish and lets the medicine take its toll on the critters).
Third, add the meds.

Keep adding the meds and doing occassional water changes, even after the symptoms disappear. That way you can be sure it won't come back.

Also you said that you are getting back into the hobby.

Your tank has been set up for 2 months, but I am assuming you had tank stored for years, was your ick medicine from your old set up, maybe its just too old. Just wondering?

just bought the tank and its not a goldish tinge just little whit bumps ill raise the temp and keep adding meds see how that works thanks for the help

just a update retreated the tank raised the temp to 83 (lost my upside down catfish ;( )and all the fish seem to have been infected now except for my dwarf frogs goina do a water change tomorrow and buy the tablet type medicine anyone have a suggestion on a good brand?

Most reactions

Back