Sunsun Trickle Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

glolite

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi guys
I've had the above tank for a few years and messed about with the contents of the trickle filter to accommodate a gang of mbuna. Trouble is the trickle is not even a trickle out of the filter anymore. The little holes in the bases of the 3 compartments keep getting bunged up despite cleaning them with a small brush.

At the moment I have ceramic rings in the base, with sponge over the rings, then the plastic grid plate then floss on the top with the spray bar discharging into the floss. Should I put a sponge layer under the ceramic rings or I'm thinking just rings on base with poly filter on top and take out the plastic grids.

Ugg, confused dot com and grateful for advice

Do you have a link to this filter?  I can't find anything with that name when I search.

Where does the filter draw water from?  Bottom or top of canister?

The water is pumped from the bottom of the tank and exits via a spray bar over the trickle filter. I think it is similar to the Aqua One tanks? Will try to find a link thanks.

When the water is drawn from the bottom, you want the finest densest floss down there, since you are having issues with clogs beyond that point. 

Most reactions

Back