Suggestions.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dougie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Got a 125 litre which has one BN Pleco in it, all on his lonesome. I did have a Blue Acara in there for a few months, picked it up in a right state, but that has turned out well & she has joined the 100 gal tank. So I'm up for suggestions for this tank.
Any suggestions welcome.
Cheers

Dougie.

Hrm, well, what do you like?

Good thing to do is go to the LFS and write down all the fish you like, then come back here and should be able to put together a list for you.

Is your water soft or hard? How far away will you be viewing the tank from? Any specific colors you want?

Water is quite soft, and as for preferences, I have none really. I've been in the hobby for 25 years on and off, so I've been lucky enough to house quite a few different fish. Nothing too sensitive though, I spend days working away, so can only manage one w/c per week. The tank is planted with Java Fern & has wood & a few rocks. Just looking for ideas. Whether it be a shoal of something, or a solitary/pair of fish. Went to a couple of LFS today, but nothing jumped out at me.

Cheers.

I think kribenis cichlids would be a good addition, but they do breed so not sure. Do you feed them with the 7 day feeders when you are away? Or a auto-feeder?

Sawickib - feeding wise, my eldest feeds the fish & keeps an eye on things for me. He's only 12, so feeding & observing is all he's doing at the moment.
I've done Kribs before. Great little fish.

Thats cool so they could work or maybe something else, i cant really think of anything lol my favorite things to have are oddballs, which most get very large and are predators haha

Oddball that could work would be an african butterfly fish. (Although not with the following fish I wouldn't think)

Hrm, do you mind something you've had before or want something that you havn't had?

Apistos for the centerpiece maybe? Or peacock gudgeons?

Do you like emperor tetras?
smile.png

Id think butterfly fish would work with a BN, gudgeons would be cool to, i like the tetras to lol.

Emperor Tetras? Never had those. Look very nice, I'll see if there are any out there, I'm out and about today ;)

Never done Apistos, or peacock gudgeons. Thanks for the suggestions. Open to others still!

Thanks guys :)

Curviceps are cute little cichlids.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back