Suggestions For Stocking A 10 Gallon?

FishySarah

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ok. The fun part. I set up this ten gallon about six month ago, to hold feeder fish for my frog. I rescued three goldfish that the owner was going to flush, and since they were small and I had nowhere else to put them, they've been living in the ten gallon for about four months. And they've grown from less than an inch to three. Now, I finally got a 20 gallon tank for them. Before you say anything, yes, i know this is too small but I only intend to keep them there for a short time. I will take them back to the lfs. If I bring them now, they will be lunch, so I want to grow them an inch or two and then they'll have to sell them as "pond fish"

Ok...that is a roundabout way of saying I have a free ten gallon.

it is filtered with a small box of a type I don't know. I am adding a Whisper 10. So with those two filters, and a fully cycled tank, what should I add?

I want nothing that will have babies or outgrow the tank. I already have the following in my 29 gallon community tank: gold barbs, black skirts, bloodfin tetras, and checkered barbs. So I'd like to avoid more of those.

I am thinking a group of 5 or 6 male mollies? That would really be what I'd like to do. Or would there be too much aggression? Another one I'd love are tiger barbs, but i have a feeling its too small. Mollies ok? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
 
it is filtered with a small box of a type I don't know. I am adding a Whisper 10. So with those two filters, and a fully cycled tank, what should I add?

Hi FishySarah :)

I'm going to move your thread to the Tropical Discussion section where it will get seen by more of the members, but I noticed that you mentioned the filter you didn't know about. If it is connected to a separate air pump it could be an old fashioned box filter. If so, this alone will be enough for a 10 gallon tank. :D
 
I am thinking a group of 5 or 6 male mollies? That would really be what I'd like to do. Or would there be too much aggression? Another one I'd love are tiger barbs, but i have a feeling its too small. Mollies ok? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
If you are going to put mollies in the tank you will need some aquarium salt.
 
I am thinking a group of 5 or 6 male mollies? That would really be what I'd like to do. Or would there be too much aggression? Another one I'd love are tiger barbs, but i have a feeling its too small. Mollies ok? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
If you are going to put mollies in the tank you will need some aquarium salt.
not always alot of mollys now are freshwater. and a pair of apisto and 4 tetras or 4 female betta splendeds and 4 corys
 
Mollies tend to do well in at least hard water or light brackish if I remember correctly. And if you were going to add salt you'd be looking for marine salt not aquarium salt.

But anyways, I'd do some sort of dwarf cichlid tank, maybe a pair of apistos and some corys. Dwarf puffers can be very fun too. I used to have two in a 10g. If you do go this route make sure your filtration is sufficient though.
 
Get some Multis!!

I can't wait to be able to set-up a Multi tank. So much character. Or a South American Blackwater biotope with some tetra and corydoras, Ember Tetra are really nice and stay small.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top